Monday, June 8, 2009

Fort William return from injury

So myself Brook and "Tomaso the tomato" flew from Pisa to Glasgow and then drove through to Fort William, was an entertaining drive with Tomaso behind the wheel he wasn't so used to driving on the other side of the road and car. Myself and Brook spent the drive watching the Mirror get closer and closer to the bank on our side waiting for it get taken off but somehow we made it to Fort Bill and somehow  still with 2 mirrors.

The next day we headed out to the course, walked the track and checked everything out, the track looked well groomed some of it like concrete but after a few days of practice it would be destroyed. I already hated the midgys as well the worst thing about Fort Bill is those little things i cant stand em..

Next day was first day practice and after a few runs i was in to it, the track at Fort Bill is sick roughest track on the World Cup Circuit and probably also the longest, and in my book its up there as one of the best. I did a couple of runs with my Ancillotti Doganaccia Team mate Brook Macdonald he was riding well also. I got a flat in my timed practice and destroyed a wheel, the first of 4 for the weekend, my record as far as wheels go don't actually know how I broke that many, last season I only wrecked one wheel the whole year.

Then it was Qualifying day i did a couple of practice runs then headed up Qualifying I had a terrible run, just wasn't focussed and was made a few mistakes, I think most of it was due to having three weeks off the bike and kind of lost the edge you need for World Cup racing I finished in 65th. And Knew I needed to change that a bit in the Final. Brook had a crash and took to LCQ ticket in 74th. At least we were both in the finals.

Race Day was good, i had a big sleep in and was fresh and ready to go practice went well I was a bit loose but thats kind of my style a bit. Race run was off to a really good start I had a really good top section and was on pace for a good result which I need but then about 3/4 of the way down I washed out on a turn and over I went I kind of knew it was over after that, but i kept going with my helmet visor down and my brake lever up i tried to push it down while i was riding which was a bit loose. I got the finish and finished on a time of 5.01 for 59th place better than qualifying but thats no cigar, I was pretty pissed with myself but checkers or wreckers I guess it was the latter of the two for me lucky i didn't hurt my hand i guess, i just cut up the other hand. 

On to the next race I guess next week Im doing European Champs in Kransjka Gora, Slovenia. After that is Maribor WC got get it together there need a decent result this year. Thanks to my sponsors, Ancillotti Cycles, Doganaccia 2000, UFO Plast, Maxxis, Formula Brakes, CampaBros. And big thanks to Tomaso and Alberto for keeping my bike going would be lost without them. 

Keep it rubber side down people.

Wyn Masters

No comments:

Post a Comment